Karting Equipment & Accessories
Karting, also known as Go Karting is a form of motorsport where drivers compete on a closed circuit in small open-top karts that resemble a scaled-down formula car. Karting is a sport often used as a gateway to Formula 1, with drivers like Lewis Hamilton, Max Verstappen and Valtteri Bottas all starting out on 2-stroke karts.
Although karting is often seen as a junior sport, there are adult karting race series’. Karting products usually require helmets and racewear with a different standard/homologation to other forms of motorsport so it’s important to insure the equipment you have is homologated to the correct standards. View More: Karting Helmets | Karting Racewear
Items 1-24 of 52
- Karting is a motorsport in which a driver is positioned on a frame or chassis, normally with a rear mounted, rear wheel driven powertain, to race around a asphalt circuit.
- Drivers of all ages can compete in karting, bambino karting is for children as young as 5 years old, this often forms the pathway for drivers to develop into racing cars, and all F1 champions such as Jenson Button, Lando Norris and Lewis Hamilton have competed in karting in the early part of their careers.
- Karting at a high level is very demanding, drivers are expected to be fit and athletic, and perform at a high level of driving in order to do well in their races. Top level karting is also very expensive to participate in, and therefore very competitive among budding young drivers.
- Karting can be physically demanding especially in endurance races. Fortunately there is a variety of euipment available to help protect against this. Take the Stilo Curva rib protector for example - this carbon fibre protective device is designed to stop the torso of the driver from impacts in the lightweight karting seat.
- Nowadays competitive karting is regulated by multiple governing bodies who are ensuring that karting is as safe as possible. This includes drivers wearing an approved suit, helmet, gloves and boots, and the kart adhering to certain standards too, including the seat, protection around the chassis, tyres and a neck protector (for juniors).