The Sabertrip V3 GPS Rally Computer is the new name in hi-tec rally tripmeters that utilises GPS receivers to calculate distance and speed. The Sabertrip GPS Rally Computer is a high-quality item but incredibly sells at 25% cheaper than equivalent brands.
Manufactured in South Africa, Sabertrip Rally Tripmeter has been tested thoroughly in the most sever of road conditions and its reliabilty has made it the go for tripmeter in off-road endurance events. The unit can also be connected to any standard wheel probes that can be used as a backup should you lose GPS signal when transversing through tunnels. The GPS signal delivers accurate positioning to give an almost faultless measurement calculation,
The Sabertrip V3 is a small and compact unit that is manufactured in a robust aluminum casing with plastic fittings. Weighing in at only 210 grams and dimensions of only 130 x 80 x 23mm, it has been used extensively in off-road motorsport in Africa, so you can guarantee that this tripmeter is made for the roughest of conditions and anything else is child's play for the Sabertrip V3.
Unlike other brands, the Sabertrip comes as a complete unit and is ready to fit in the car and go: Tripmeter, Wiring loom, and a magnetic GPS aerial making it a one-off purchase that is ready to use.
Sabertrip V3 has all the functions required for the majority of motorsport events. Other than measurement modes the Sabertrip computer also has the following features:
• While measurement with GPS, it can also use 2 Wheel Probes or 1 Gearbox Probe as back-up
• GPS distance calibration - automatic
• Total & Interval distance displayed in either - Miles or Kilometers
• Other functions - Speedometer, Stop Watch, Time of day Clock (hh:mm:ss) with time freeze facility, Fuel Gauge – up to 500 liters
• In addition to competition use also ideal for reconnaissance, route surveys and road measurement
• Optional metal bracket available for easy dash mounting
• Recce Harness with cigarette lighter power and driver trip button for gearstick mount is available as an extra